Comtran Announces New York City Transit Approval
- Created on Friday, 22 November 2013
Comtran has expanded our Hub-LINK™ product line with a new group of LSZH Telecommunications wire and cables designed to support the New York City Transit Authority (NYCT Telecommunication Cable Rev. 7 (TC-7), Dec. 3, 2009). These telecommunications cables are used in telephone, data, and control networks throughout the entire NYCT infrastructure including underground stations and subway tunnels. These cables are routed through the full spectrum of pathways and spaces and terminated within splice boxes, closets, and entrance facilities. These cables are subject to rugged conditions, exposed to temperature extremes, moisture, salt air, various fluids, rodent damage, and even sunlight.
These products have undergone extensive testing:
⦁ UL 444 (Communications Cables)
⦁ UL 1666 (Riser Flame Test)
⦁ C(UL)US Type CMR-LS, CMG-LS, and CM-LS
• Limited Smoke testing to FT4/IEEE 1202
These products have passed stringent testing for Physical, Smoke and Toxicity per the NYCT TC-7. They include: Fluid Immersion (Lubricating & Hydraulic Oil, Gas and Water), Tear Resistance, Smoke Generation (Flaming/Non-Flaming), Acid Gas, Smoke & Toxicity Index, Halogen Content, Horizontal Abrasion, Light Absorption (UV), Environmental Stress, Impact, and water absorption.
Electrical Testing per ANSI/TIA-568-C.2 and TC-7:
These cables have been tested in accordance with ANSI/TIA/EIA 568-C.2 for Category 3 through Category 6 performance.
Cables meeting the “data and communications cable” section of TC7 (4.2) are available in 19 and 22 AWG (4 through 150 pair). Conductors are solid bare copper, insulated with polyolefin surrounded by water-swellable tapes, a rugged 5-mil copper tape, with low smoke, low toxicity non-halogen inner and outer jackets. These cables are well suited for these rugged applications.
- Comtran Introduces Cat 6 OSP
- Comtran Introduces Cat 6A Cables
- Comtran launches Hub-LINK specialty data cables for rapid transit systems
- Comtran announces “Reduced OD” Cat 6 and 6e cable line
- Comtran’s VITALink® 2-hour fire-rated fire alarm cable.
- Comtran introduces new line of communication cables for Railway Station and Transit Tunnel Application
- Comtran introduces new line of Category 6 Riser patch cables for certified Cat 6 link and channels.